Three Simple Money-Saving Tips for Mealtime
When money is tight, it can be worth examining your current budget to find potential areas of savings. As food is a major expense for most people, mealtime may provide the perfect opportunity to save some money. Here are a few money-saving tips that can help you spend less on your meals.
1. Price match your grocery purchases.
Many grocery stores offer price matching as a way to help their customers save money. If you don't already price match your groceries, then consider doing so from now on. All you'll need in most cases is a current advertisement from another qualifying store showing the same product for a lower price.
2. Go meatless for one or two dinners a week.
Meat is often the most expensive part of any meal. Therefore, if you want to save some money at mealtime, consider going meatless for one or two dinners a week. For a little extra fun, use your new meatless meals as a chance to experiment with new flavors and ingredients.
3. Create a vegetable garden.
Growing vegetables can be a great way to save money at mealtime - especially during the summer months. Even a small windowsill garden can help cut down on grocery expenses if you don't have the time or space for anything larger. If you're feeling especially ambitious, consider renting a plot in a community garden to maximize your savings.
A blog for students, families, and fellow educators. Meaningful reflections, stories, ideas, advice, resources, and homework help for middle school, high school, and college undergraduate students. We're exploring history, philosophy, critical thinking, the trades, business, careers, entrepreneurship, college majors, financial literacy, the arts, the social sciences, test prep, baseball, the Catholic faith, and a whole lot more. Join the conversation.
- About Aaron and this blog
- How to get the most from this blog
- Aaron's teaching philosophy
- Aaron's Resume / CV
- Tutoring services
- Noteworthy interviews by Aaron
- Connect with Aaron
- Aaron - Testimonials
- Career readiness resources
- ACT test strategies
- Writing prompts for fun and practice
- Exploring the world of music
- The importance of reflection
- How to get more out of reading
- Choosing quality sources for research
- Mental health and suicide prevention
- Better study habits
- The many benefits of volunteer work
- The benefits of networking
- Google Chromebook help for students
- Free worksheets and learning games
Search This Blog
Sunday, April 25, 2021
How to save money on meals
Posted by Staff at 6:30 AM
Labels: Cooking, Gardening, Money tips, Personal finance, Saving money, Shopping
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment