Three Tips for Growing Your Support Network
As people age, their support network can start to dwindle. Fortunately, there are some simple ways to grow a support network if you are willing to put in the necessary effort. To start increasing your current number of supportive connections, consider trying some or all of the following three suggestions. You'll likely be glad you did.
1. Reconnect with family and friends.
One of the easier ways to grow your support network is by reconnecting with any family members or friends that you have lost touch with. If it has been a while since you last chatted with a particular family member or friend, then reach out and try to re-establish a connection through phone calls or face-to-face meetings.
2. Seek out new friend connections.
Another way to expand your current support network is by gaining new friends. Look to connect with people outside of your current social circle by joining community groups related to your favorite hobbies and interests. You can also make new friend connections by volunteering at local charities and participating in community events.
3. Join a support group.
If you need a specific type of support that your current support network isn't able to provide, then seek out a support group that can fill the void. Support groups are a great place to connect with a network of supportive individuals because fellow group members will likely have a personal understanding of your specific challenges.
A blog for students, families, and fellow educators. Meaningful reflections, stories, ideas, advice, resources, and homework help for middle school, high school, and college undergraduate students. We're exploring history, philosophy, critical thinking, the trades, business, careers, entrepreneurship, college majors, financial literacy, the arts, the social sciences, test prep, baseball, the Catholic faith, and a whole lot more. Join the conversation.
- About Aaron and this blog
- How to get the most from this blog
- Aaron's teaching philosophy
- Aaron's Resume / CV
- Tutoring services
- Noteworthy interviews by Aaron
- Connect with Aaron
- Aaron - Testimonials
- Career readiness resources
- ACT test strategies
- Writing prompts for fun and practice
- Exploring the world of music
- The importance of reflection
- How to get more out of reading
- Choosing quality sources for research
- Mental health and suicide prevention
- Better study habits
- The many benefits of volunteer work
- The benefits of networking
- Google Chromebook help for students
- Free worksheets and learning games
Search This Blog
Sunday, April 25, 2021
Growing your support network
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment