Thank you for the kind words, bud. Really means a lot to me. I'll never forget my time there with all of you. So many happy memories. It was a truly wonderful experience, and I'm a better person because of it. You used the crying emoji. Well, I'm going to admit that I really did cry. And I cried hard for a while, both privately and in front of quite a few good friends.
Like I always say, don't waste this precious time that you have right now, like I did when I was in high school. Learn all you can, in and out of class. Learn about history, business, government, finance, investing, ethics. Learn about leadership and what it means to truly be of service to others. Learn about your rights and responsibilities as a citizen. Learn some valuable skills that no one can ever take away from you. Master writing and communication.
I can tell you're the entrepreneurial type, with your lawn mowing business and all. I can also tell that you're the leader, or one of the leaders, among your close circle of friends. Keep it up, and you're not going to believe how far you're going to go. I'm excited for your future - for all of your futures. Give everyone my best.
A blog for students, families, and fellow educators. Meaningful reflections, stories, ideas, advice, resources, and homework help for middle school, high school, and college undergraduate students. We're exploring history, philosophy, critical thinking, the trades, business, careers, entrepreneurship, college majors, financial literacy, the arts, the social sciences, test prep, baseball, the Catholic faith, and a whole lot more. Join the conversation.
- About Aaron and this blog
- How to get the most from this blog
- Aaron's teaching philosophy
- Aaron's Resume / CV
- Tutoring services
- Noteworthy interviews by Aaron
- Connect with Aaron
- Aaron - Testimonials
- Career readiness resources
- ACT test strategies
- Writing prompts for fun and practice
- Exploring the world of music
- The importance of reflection
- How to get more out of reading
- Choosing quality sources for research
- Mental health and suicide prevention
- Better study habits
- The many benefits of volunteer work
- The benefits of networking
- Google Chromebook help for students
- Free worksheets and learning games
Search This Blog
Wednesday, September 11, 2019
Letter to a former student
Posted by Staff at 8:16 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment