This morning, I learned that David White, songwriter and founding member of the 1950s-60s doo-wop group Danny & The Juniors, passed away yesterday, March 17, 2019. He was 79 years old.
I had the opportunity to interview David back in 2013. I really enjoyed our conversation and got a lot out of it. I'm thankful he took a little time out of his busy schedule to chat with me for a while. He was very talented, and he was definitely one of the good guys. Rest in peace, David White, and thank you for your many and lasting contributions to the world of music.
Here is my interview with David White of Danny and the Juniors. There's a lot of neat history and trivia in it about the early days of rock 'n' roll that I think you'll enjoy.
And here are a couple of videos of Danny & The Juniors performing. The first video is "At the Hop," which came out in 1957, and the second is "Rock and Roll is Here to Stay," which was released the following year, in 1958.
In the "At the Hop" video, David is the one all the way to the left. In "Rock and Roll is Here to Stay," he is the second one from the bottom seat.
Meaningful reflections, stories, ideas, advice, resources, and homework help for middle school, high school, and college undergraduate students. We're exploring history, philosophy, critical thinking, the trades, business, careers, entrepreneurship, college majors, financial literacy, the arts, the social sciences, test prep, baseball, the Catholic faith, and a whole lot more. Join the conversation.
- About Aaron and this blog
- How to get the most from this blog
- On Facebook
- On Twitter
- On Instagram
- On LinkedIn
- Aaron's teaching philosophy
- Aaron's Resume / CV
- Noteworthy interviews by Aaron
- Tutoring services
- Career readiness resources
- Thank a teacher, coach, or professor
- ACT test strategies
- I was a slacker in high school
- Writing prompts for fun and practice
- Exploring the world of music
- The importance of reflection
- Wisconsin high school civics exam
- How to get more out of reading
- Choosing quality sources for research
- FOMO is causing you to miss out on life
- Wisconsin Apprenticeship System
- Mental health and suicide prevention
- Aaron - Testimonials
- Better study habits
- The many benefits of volunteer work
- The benefits of networking
- The benefits of participating in Model United Nations
- How does an economy work?
- Google Chromebook help for students
Search This Blog
Monday, March 18, 2019
David White passes away
Posted by Staff at 6:14 PM
Labels: Exploring the world of music
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment